PublicGoods collects customer information in an effort to enhance and personalize your shopping experience. This information allows us to communicate with our customers about our products, services and promotions.
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, such as:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Billing information and payment details (such as billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction)
- Username and password for your PublicGoods.com membership
- A record of your PublicGoods.com orders, purchase history, and shopping behavior and preferences
- Information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- You may also provide personal information about other people, such as their name and email address. When you select to email a friend your wish list, tell a friend about PublicGoods.com, or purchase a Gift Certificate for a friend, we will use their name and email address to send them a one-time email. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request. We do not share your friend’s email information for any other purposes unless that friend creates a membership to PublicGoods.com. PublicGoods.com stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success these programs. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information Collected Automatically
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
- Tracking Technologies
- Local Storage Objects (HTML5)
- Do Not Track
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your request for products or to help us personalize our offering to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Some examples include:
- Processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- Creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- Providing requested live customer support and services
- Record keeping of your purchase history
- Enabling communication via our Site, and social networks
- Managing your participation in promotions
- Sending email as appropriate
- Payment, Shipping, Referral, & Other Programs
- Legal Disclosure
- Links to Third Party Websites
- User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure
- Social Media Features and Widgets
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information from PublicGoods please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
PublicGoods is intended for users who are 18 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us.
We employ electronic safety measures to assist us in protecting your personal information and credit card data. These safeguards help us to prevent fraud and unauthorized access as well as maintain data accuracy.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy standards please email email@example.com